03/11/14 - New York: EXCLUSIVE: State Senate Could Bring DREAM Act Back To The Floor Even Though It Won't Pass
"State Senate leadership is considering bringing the controversial DREAM Act to the floor even though the votes are probably not there to pass it, sources told the Daily News," the New York Daily News reports.
03/11/14 - Montana Colleges See Rise In Loan Defaults
03/11/14 - The Sky Isn't Falling
03/11/14 - Post-Graduation Salaries: Show Me The Money
"With reservations about staying in her hometown of Lowell, [Donna Jo] Cassidy initially chose Keene State in New Hampshire. Before her sophomore year, however, she transferred to the University of Massachusetts Lowell. She chose it not only because it’s cheaper than most private institutions, but also because it publicized estimates of how much money she could expect to make when she graduated," The Boston Globe reports.
"The California Student Aid Commission reports a rise in the number of high schools submitting students' grade-point averages electronically, as state legislators weigh whether to require the electronic GPA reports," The Sacramento Bee reports.
"American families are saving for college big time in 529 plans, but they have a long way to go, according to 2013 year-end data released today by the College Savings Plans Network," Forbes reports.
03/11/14 - Indiana Would Cover $9,000 In Student Loans For Some Teachers Under Bill Headed To Governor
"Indiana would pay up to $9,000 of student loans for some teachers under a measure headed to Gov. Mike Pence," The Republic reports.
- Network with other aid administrators
- Attend conferences in various cities across the state
- Web access to the MSFAA Directory & inclusion in the directory
- Subscription to the MSFAA Listserv
- Access to web posted Newsletter
- Ability to post job vacancies on the web site
- Opportunity to serve on the MSFAA board and/or MSFAA committees
- Participate in training, outreach, federal and state issues, conference planning & other activities that develop both personal and professional skills
View the MSFAA Statement of Ethical Principles
Please direct any membership questions to: