The Federal Issues Committee shall be responsible for developing and communicating positions on behalf of the Association relative to federal issues and for informing MSFAA members of general issues of concern for federal student aid.
1. Take a leadership role in identifying, addressing, analyzing and clarifying federal legislative, funding, regulatory or other issues of interest to the Association.
2. Establish contacts with key individuals and organizations that can provide information and clarification on legislative, funding, regulatory or other relevant issues.
3. Provide General Sessions and Interest Sessions on federal issues for Association conferences.
4. Serve as the mechanism by which the Association communicates concerns relative to federal issues (e.g., responding to NPRMís, critical legislation, testifying at hearings, conducting advocacy trips to Washington, DC, etc.)
5. Collect and disseminate information, concerns and opinions regarding federal regulatory, legislative and appropriation issues.
6. Review federal budgets and legislative issues and prepare appropriate responses on behalf of the Association.
7. Provide information to the membership via the Associationís web page and list-serv.
8. Represent MSFAA for the MASFAA Federal Issues Committee.
9. Inform the Board on positions developed on behalf of the Association.
The committee usually meets the first Friday of every month in Lansing. All MSFAA members are welcome to attend the meetings. In addition to financial aid professionals, participants from other sectors related to financial aid are also welcome to attend the meetings. Other participants may include individuals from the government sector, lenders, or agencies.
College Opportunities Online Lookup:
The President will appoint a Chair (or Co-Chairs) for the Committee from the MSFAA membership. To ensure broad representation, the elected Sector Representatives and their designees are also members. The Chair(s) will be responsible for selecting additional members, if needed, from MSFAA member institutions.
Central Michigan University-College of Medicine
CMU College of Medicine
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
University of Michigan
515 E. Jefferson
Ann Arbor, MI 48109